That was my wish.. said exactly at 12:00am in Jan 01, 2011. But today, I was not sure what kind of happiness I was looking for.
Browsed for some meanings from the internet:
- state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy - wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
- Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness
And even searched for some famous quotes:
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Mohandas Gandhi
- If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, I guess you do have a problem. Richard Bach
- Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved. Victor Hugo
- Every possession and every happiness is but lent by chance for an uncertain time, and may therefore be demanded back the next hour. Arthur Schopenhauer
- We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them. - Kahlil Gibran
- True happiness is... to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future. Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- The greatest happiness is to know the source of unhappiness. Fyodor Dostoevsky
Yet, I still can't figure out what kind of happiness I am looking for. Why is it so hard to define my own happiness? Is it too high that I cannot reach? Is it too deep that I cannot see? Or is it an impossible thing to even think about?
Then I guess, as my happiness involves the people I love, the best one that suits me right now is ... simply to know that the people I love are happy, even if I am not part of their happiness.
To all the people I love:
My family, my friends .. please just be happy.
Because your happiness is my happiness too.