Pages

Jan 10, 2011

Happiness



I want to be happy with the people I love...

That was my wish.. said exactly at 12:00am in Jan 01, 2011. But today, I was not sure what kind of happiness I was looking for.

Browsed for some meanings from the internet:
And even searched for some famous quotes:
  1. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Mohandas Gandhi 
  2. If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, I guess you do have a problem. Richard Bach
  3. Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved. Victor Hugo
  4. Every possession and every happiness is but lent by chance for an uncertain time, and may therefore be demanded back the next hour. Arthur Schopenhauer 
  5. We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them. - Kahlil Gibran
  6. True happiness is... to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future. Lucius Annaeus Seneca 
  7. The greatest happiness is to know the source of unhappiness. Fyodor Dostoevsky
Yet, I still can't figure out what kind of happiness I am looking for. Why is it so hard to define my own happiness? Is it too high that I cannot reach? Is it too deep that I cannot see? Or is it an impossible thing to even think about?

Then I guess, as my happiness involves the people I love, the best one that suits me right now is ... simply to know that the people I love are happy, even if I am not part of their happiness.

To all the people I love: 
My family, my friends .. please just be happy. 
Because your happiness is my happiness too.

2 comments:

joelliea said...

wow. You're too serious, you're scaring me.

and how does your template look alike Matsterpiece? I just can't figure how you did it.

Anonymous said...

Joy is different from happiness.
Joy is internal and based on Christ. Happiness is external and based on circumstances.
Joy is eternal and linked to our salvation, where happiness is temporary and based on fleeting emotions.
I got this from a book. It's inspiring, isn't it? :D now you know what is the difference of joy and happiness. I hope you will find the joy and happiness you're looking for-
Christ is the answer! :D